Monday, October 14, 2013

Thursday Thrifting

Happy Columbus Day! It has been dreary and rainy all last week which is not good outdoor weather...but makes for fantastic thrifting weather!
I hit up a couple Goodwills on my day off last Thursday. I was on the hunt for accessories for my new bar cart, hardback books, one of a kind brass pieces, modern looking milk glass, and whatever else may have struck me as a "must have".
 
I met up with my mom at the first Goodwill and scored this awesome ice bucket!
 
I loved the uniqueness of the gold with the matte black. I also loved the size of it. I have a couple other glass/crystal ice buckets that were given to me as gifts but they are fairly small. This one is oversized! And the size looks great when paired on the bottom shelf of my bar cart.

 I think the gold and black go well with the bar cart and I like how the light reflects into the gold part of the ice bucket as well. It set me back a whopping $6
 
 
 Later that day, at a different Goodwill, I stumbled upon this brassy ice bucket. I really liked this one too! It wasn't as big as mine but it had some great character and included matching ice tongs inside. This one was only $3!
 
Then on Friday, I went to a nearby estate sale with a good friend and found some copper mugs. I have always wanted copper mugs! I have looked on Amazon and various online sites, but they were always around $15-20 per mug.

 
These were only $1 each! I love the size, patina, and style of them and they are perfect for fall.  I'm deciding where to display them and tried them out in my big antique hutch.

We shall see where they end up...Until next time...Happy Thrifting!!

1 comment:

  1. The copper mugs look really good hanging that hutch. Can we drink hot chocolate out of them this winter? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts!