Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thursday Thrifting

I headed out to Goodwill earlier this week and I saw some great brass pieces. There were a lot of good options but I weaned my selection down to only one brass piece!  I try to be selective and not overdo it.


 I love how the light bounces off the hammered sheen of the brass.
 

 only $1.75
 
 
Then a little someone took a liking to the brass treasure....I think she thought it was her new dog bowl
 
I also found this white milk glass vase.  I love the color and am thinking about doing all white in my big glass-door hutch near kitchen.  It had more of a modern shape rather than the granny look.
only $2.00
 
And then later in the week I hit up an estate sale nearby on the last day, 50% off day! I got there right at the opening, there was a line about 25 people long. 
My husband had JUST been mentioning how he needed more storage space in his office.  I told him I would be on the lookout for bookshelves and office trays etc.  And just my luck! I walked in and spotted three bookshelves right away! I also scored some office folders and a couple office filing trays and cubes.
They were all in really good condition and would have been at least $40-$75 each at Walmart, Home Depot, or Target. I got each one for just $12. On top of the book cases are some of the office supplies I picked up. Black filing trays 50 cents for all three! And the plastic drawer cube was 50 cents too!  After a little cleaning, I hauled them upstairs and went to work "organizing". He was very impressed and appreciative. Total office reno= $43 dollars!
 
And at the same estate sale I stumbled upon this cute little brass vase. I couldn't resist...especially since it was only 50 cents! I'm sure it will look good in the guest bath holding some cotton balls or on the coffee table with a hydrangea bloom.
 
Happy thrifting! and for more on my previous brass finds, click this post from my trip to Brimfield.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow...I'm IN LOVE with that hammered brass bowl! It's gorgeous! I'm so jealous of your finds! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts!