Monday, October 14, 2013

Who says Happy is only limited to one hour?

It's 5 o'clock somewhere right? Happy hour time. Roll out the bar cart folks. I have been working on designing my family and eat-in kitchen areas since we moved into the house about 9 months ago.  I have a good design plan laid out and am in the process of hunting out the perfect finds.
 
 I knew I wanted a bar cart for sometime now. I found many different options like this one from Crate and Barrel, but $600??! And this one from Society Social. So beautiful, but again, not in my price range.
And then a design friend informed me of this beauty from Target. Best part... only $129!
 
 
Didn't take me long to order that one. It came already assembled and looked just as described online.
I have had it for a few months now and have been hunting for accessories to style it.
I decided the liquor should go on the bottom. I arranged it on a cute tray I picked up from Homegoods a while back.
I put a few paper straws in a vintage glass milk bottle that I had.
I also incorporated my recent ice bucket find on the bottom shelf.
 
 
And then who doesn't need a throw back bottle opener?
Who wouldn't want to crack open a bottle with her? I also love how she reflects in the ice bucket.
 
For the top of the bar cart, I used some of my books and glass horse head I found from a previous thrifting trip. You can read about that here.
 
I decided to go with an aloe plant for texture and color and a pretty green glass bottle to play off the green glasses.  The 4 glasses are from a local boutique and are made from recycled wine glasses. I fell in love with the herringbone tray I set them on. Scored that in the bathroom section at Homegoods.
 
I'm liking it so far, but it definitely needs some more work. I would like to get some good art work for above the bar cart. Maybe something playful and witty like "who says happy is only limited to one hour?" But for now I think its looking pretty good.
 
Bottoms up! What's your favorite cocktail? I like a Gin & Sonic (that's half soda, half tonic) with a lime. 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh! I've been eyeing this cart from Target! You styled it great with the Homegoods tray and miscellaneous books & plants. My fave summer drink is a gin & tonic ~ I love that you call it a Gin & Sonic! I might be stealing that from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cart is so inspiring! Love the 4 recycled wine bottle glasses and the lady bottle opener as well. My favorite drink would have to be dirty martini ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts!